We are currently seeking the following positions:
Summer Camp Nurse
Are you an RN looking for a fun summer job working with children? Camp Geronimo offers the opportunity to work outside with children ages 6-12 with a variety of disabilities. The camp is located at 360 Locust Grove Road West Chester, PA 19382. The camp is run in a fully accessible barn. The camp is a day camp running 4 weeks during the dates listed below, Monday to Friday and the hours are 8:30 to 2:30. Our nurse maintains the safety of our 8 weekly campers and their counselors. The job requires that you enjoy working with children and are willing to work outside and near animals.
The candidate for this job will:
- Dispense medication to campers as needed
- Provide consultation and first aide as needed during camp day
- Help campers with toileting/ADLs as needed
- Be an RN in Pennsylvania
- Have experience with children in a school/camp setting preferred but not required
- Be skilled in medication distribution
- Have current CPR certification
- Obtain personal malpractice insurance
- Pass all required clearances and background checks
2020 summer camp weeks are:
June 14 – June 18, 2021
June 28 – July 2, 2021
July 26 – July 30, 2021
August 2 – August 6, 2021
Resumes received by 3/30/2021 will receive priority consideration.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $26.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- One location
- 1 – 3 months
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
Check back for more positions: We will be recruiting counselors and junior counselors (volunteer) for our summer day camp, Camp Geronimo.
The Barn at Spring Brook Farm is an EOE + ADA compliant organization.