We are currently seeking applicants for the following position: Senior Camp Counselor/Intern (paid). Scroll down for details!
SENIOR CAMP COUNSELORS/INTERNS (PAID)
Camp Geronimo is a summer day camp for children ages 6-12 with disabilities located on a 17-acre farm in West Chester, PA in and around a barn that is wheelchair accessible. Up to 16 children per week are paired with their own counselor (you!) providing them with one-on-one support. Animal-assisted and nature-based activities are a unique aspect of camp and allow children to work on individual goals in a safe and secure environment. We are seeking to fill 8 positions.
Selected candidates for these positions will:
- Assist the Camp Director and Assistant Director in the execution of daily camp activities
- Ensure the safety of assigned camper, providing one-to-one supervision at all times
- Assist assigned camper in achieving individual goals throughout each day, actively engaging in camp activities with camper
- Maintain the highest level of safety for all campers, staff, and animals
- Maintain a clean and organized camp setting including but not limited to (loft, picnic area, bathrooms, and supply room)
- With direction from the Camp Director/Assistant Director, assist with the set up and break down of all activities; beginning of day and end of day tasks; communication of daily activity plans and participation to parents/guardians.
- Assist other camp counselors with their questions and concerns and use previous work experience to troubleshoot issues that arise
- Follow directions and fulfill requests from Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director
- Must be comfortable working with children with various disabilities and working with animals
- Must be flexible, open to new learning and maintain a positive attitude
- Must actively participate in mandatory training sessions offered on a Saturday or Sunday prior to the start of Camp
- Must be available to work all six weeks (or have Director’s Approval to work less than 6 weeks)
- Must submit a completed application, resume and 2 references
- Must have completed PA State Police Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Fingerprinting Clearance.
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
2024 summer camp hours are 8am – 2:30pm. Camp weeks are:
June 17 – June 21
June 24 – June 28
July 8 – July 12
July 15 – July 19
July 29 – August 2
August 5 – August 9
Job Type: Part time, Temporary
Salary: $11/hour minimum
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
The Barn at Spring Brook Farm is an EOE + ADA compliant organization.