If you wish to give your time and talents, please visit our Volunteer Page on Vome and complete the Volunteer Application.
All volunteers and counselors ages 18 and older, are required to provide their PA Criminal History, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Criminal History Report* clearances. *If volunteers have lived in PA for 10+ years they can fill out an affidavit in lieu of the FBI Criminal History Report. If they haven’t lived in PA for 10+ years, they must get fingerprints. In addition, all volunteers must show proof of COVID vaccination.
- Participant Waiver/Release Form (adult) *All volunteers, 18 years of age or older
- Participant Waiver/Release Form (minor) *All volunteers, 17 years of age or younger
- Special Events Waiver (adult) *Special event volunteers only
- Special Events Waiver (minor) *Special event volunteers only
- Confidentiality Form *All volunteers, regardless of age
- Affidavit *Complete in lieu of FBI Criminal History Report/if you have lived in PA for 10+ years
- Health Form *Camp volunteers only
If you have any questions regarding the volunteer process or clearances, or want to submit your completed forms or clearances, you can email [email protected] or drop off/mail to: The Barn at Spring Brook Farm, 360 Locust Grove Rd, West Chester, PA 19382.
You can make a difference today!
The Barn at Spring Brook Farm depends on a strong base of volunteers to help serve our children and families. Many opportunities exist to assist children, care for animals and maintain The Barn and its grounds. From large scale group projects to recurring jobs, our volunteers make The Barn at Spring Brook Farm the incredible place that it is. Each year, over 300 volunteers dedicate more than 6,000 service hours to The Barn! Visit www.springbrook-farm.org/hoe-down for more information regarding the event!
The Barn takes great care to ensure that our volunteers receive the proper training and orientation necessary to excel in the opportunity they choose. All volunteers are required to attend a Barn Tour, which take place various days/times after recruitment periods. Volunteer Roles Include:
- Administrative Volunteer / Social Media and Design Volunteer
- Program Volunteer (Camp Geronimo, Family Barn Visits, Individual Programs, Socialization Events, Field Trips) (We are in need of Spring Individual Program Volunteers and will be recruiting for 2024 Camp Geronimo Counselors starting in January!)
- Special Events Volunteer (Spring or Fall fundraisers)
- Barn Hand (Animal Husbandry-cleaning and setting up of stalls, grooming, walking and socializing) (waitlist; reserved for young adults with disabilities in the fall and spring seasons)
- Garden Helpers (watering flowers, general landscaping and clean up) (Our 2024 season starts in March! Look out for more details in February)
- Leadership (Board of Directors or committee service)
Camp Geronimo 2024
We are always looking for exceptional volunteers to participate in our six-week summer day camp, Camp Geronimo. We will start recruiting and onboarding camp volunteers at the start of the new year, so look for updates later on!
Corporate or Group Volunteering
Group and Team volunteer projects build camaraderie and cooperation among participants as well as get a large scale job done in a short amount of time. There are a number of group activities that contribute greatly to The Barn’s mission including spring cleaning, gardening and administrative support.